Welcome to the Academic Resource Centre homepage!
We look forward to supporting you and your students this year. All students, in all grades, are welcome to work in the ARC (Academic Resource Centre) regardless of whether or not they have an IEP. We will always strive to create a quiet, safe place to work for those who need it.
Although the reasons that students ask to come to the ARC - or the reasons why parents/guardians might ask them to come for a visit – are varied, the following are some examples of appropriate times to use the room:
· A student requires more time for a test than can be offered in a period (or a period + lunch)
· A student requires additional support using their technology
· Mental health support – a quiet space to work
· A student requires a spot to work with fewer distractions
· A student requires assistance in a skill-building area (such as organization, time management) that is identified on his/her IEP
We ask that students are given an ARC pass (filled out by the teacher) before they leave your room. Students arriving without a Pass will be asked to leave. ARC Passes are available in the Staff Room.
Students will be expected to remain in the ARC until the end of the period, unless the teacher specifies otherwise on the Pass or they run out of work to do.
When the students arrive, they are expected to sign into the ARC using the computer set up for them. They are also expected to sign out on the computer before they leave. At the end of the day, this information is shared with classroom teachers.
We look forward to working with you this year!
No results found
No results found